Are you looking for the most affordable article writing services?
Here are our top 3 picks;
- People Per Hour
Article writing services are platforms that provide services such as content writing, editing, and proofreading. These writing services can be used by anyone, including;
- Those who are running businesses
- Individuals such as bloggers, SEOs, etc
- Organizations such as marketing agencies, companies, etc
Article writing services are often used to create high-quality content for their websites, social media channels, landing pages, etc.
So if you’re on the hunt for the best platforms to outsource content writing, this guide is for you where you’ll discover;
- A handpicked list of SIX professional article writing services
- Pros and cons of each one of them
- How much does it cost to use these platforms, and more
Are you ready? Let’s jump into the details.
6 Affordable Article Writing Services With Pros & Cons
If you’re looking for talented writers around the world for content creation, Upwork is the BEST platform.
Did you know there are over 5 million clients on Upwork as of 2023? Whether you’re looking for blog writing services, essay writing, copywriting or any other content creation services – you can find a freelancer.
The #1 reason millions of businesses use Upwork to outsource their projects is cost-effectiveness. Freelancers usually charge less than full-time employees, so hiring professional freelancers can save a lot of money.
- Access to global writers, as Upwork has freelancers from all over the world. Whether you’re looking for affordable writers or expert writers in your industry, Upwork has someone that suits your needs.
- It is affordable. Article writers on Upwork typically charge between $15 and $50 per hour. That means you can find someone who fits your budget.
- One of the biggest benefits of Upwork is the flexibility. You can hire people per project or hourly, so you can only pay for the work you need.
- You can chat with freelancers, post jobs, and choose people according to your budget.
- Being able to invite up to 30 freelancers to your job
- You’ll only pay a fee when you make payments (there are no monthly subscription charges)
- Upwork protects businesses and freelancers from payment fraud.
- All your funds are automatically released to your account 14 days from submission if your client does not approve the work
- Upwork charges a 5% fee on all payments you make to freelancers. That means if you’re paying $100 to a freelancer on Upwork, you’ll have to spend $105 (5% fee).
- Sometimes, there’ll be issues with freelancers NOT finishing projects on time or the quality of work you get.
Upwork Pricing: Unlike most other platforms, there is no monthly cost for clients to use Upwork. That means if you’re hiring a freelancer, you only pay fees when you hire and make a payment.
Here are the fees for clients who want to hire someone on Upwork:
- Client Marketplace Fee: This is a 5% fee on all payments you make to freelancers for fixed-price and hourly jobs, etc.
- Contract Initiation Fee: This is a one-time fee of up to $4.95 for each new Marketplace and Project Catalog contract.
Quick note: Upwork also offers a discounted “Client Marketplace fee” of 3% for eligible clients in the U.S. who pay with a checking account.
2. Text Broker
Textbroker is a content writing service that connects you with freelance writers.
As a client or business, you can post writing projects on their website, and writers can place bids on the projects. The writer with the highest bid and rating is usually given the project.
You can outsource all kinds of writing services, including blog posts, essays, guest posts, video scripts, email newsletters, and more.
Also, you can choose prolific writers if you want. How? Writers on Textbroker are rated on a scale of 1 to 5 stars based on the quality of their writing.
So, if you want the HIGHEST quality content, go for writers with 5-star ratings. Keep in mind that the higher a writer’s rating, the more you’ll have to pay per word.
- Textbroker’s rates are extremely affordable compared to most other article writing providers. So it’s a great choice, especially for those on a budget. In fact, you can get freelancers starting at only 2.3 cents/word
- It gives you access to a wide range of writers to choose from, so you can find someone who’s an expert on your topic.
- Textbroker is known for delivering content quickly, so you don’t have to wait long to publish content.
- Pay per word or per project. You can choose the level of quality you need based on the star ratings of the writers.
- It offers payment protection, so you’ll be guaranteed to be paid for ALL your orders, even if the writer does not deliver the work.
- It offers two kinds of freelance content writing services for clients. One is self-service (which is affordable), and the other is managed-service (its pricing starts at $2500)
- Above all, their platform is extremely easy to use, even for beginners.
- You should be careful about the plagiarized or low-quality work writers give, especially if you’re hiring freelancers with low star ratings.
Pricing of Textbroker:
Here is a quick overview of Textbroker’s pricing:
- Standard quality: Starting at 2.3 cents/word
- Premium quality: Starting at 3.4 cents/word
- Elite quality: Starting at 4.5 cents/word
- Ambassador quality: Starting at 5.5 cents/word
There’s an additional $0.50 processing fee per order.
If you’re looking for professional article writing services, People Per Hour is an excellent choice. It is one of the popular platforms used by over 1 million businesses worldwide.
The platform has over 3 million registered freelancers and offers many services, including content writing, web design, SEO, and more.
The best part? It takes just 10 minutes to task a freelancer, and the platform has a success rate of 90% of projects completed in 7 days.
Here’s how it works for buyers who want freelance content services.
- You can create a job post requirement mentioning your content needs
- Their platform gives you a list of all the suitable freelancers that suit your budget and content needs
- You can then review proposals, pick your freelancer, and pay a deposit to start the project.
- Once your project is done, you pay the freelancer.
- There is a wide selection of freelancers to choose from for your content requirements
- Easy-to-use platform
- It offers competitive prices for all kinds of businesses
- It also offers excellent customer support that’s available for you 24/7
- Access to expert freelancers in minutes
- Money back guarantee and anti-fraud protection
- The ability to refine your search by skill, location, or hourly rate.
- You can have both a buyer and a seller account.
- The platform offers a mobile app that makes it more convenient to use.
- Posting a job is free for buyers.
- Sometimes, it becomes challenging to find the RIGHT freelancers who are suitable for your content needs
Pricing: It is 100% free to post a job as a buyer, as there are no upfront payments and no hidden fees.
WriteAccess is another excellent content creation platform that provides access to professional freelance writers, editors, and designers.
It offers a satisfaction guarantee system that allows you to request a refund if you’re unsatisfied with the work. Also, it provides a plagiarism guarantee that ensures that all content you get from their freelancers is 100% original.
- It has a clean interface that allows you to filter freelancers by skills, experience, and price
- A portfolio system that allows clients to view samples of freelancers’ work
- A messaging system that allows clients to communicate with freelancers directly
- Offers a review system that allows clients to rate and review freelancer
- Quality assurance guarantee
- It can be expensive when compared to other platforms like Upwork
Pricing: WriterAccess has the following four pricing packages for buyers.
- Starter plan costs $39 per month (if billed annually), and you’ll get up to 5 days of approval time and the order processing fee is $2.75
- Growth plan costs $99 per month (if billed annually), and you’ll get up to 7 days of approval time and the order processing fee is $2.50
- Pro plan costs $299 per month (if billed annually), and you’ll get up to 10 days of approval time and the order processing fee is $2.25
- Enterprise plan costs $499 per month (if billed annually), and you’ll get up to 14 days of approval time and the order processing fee is $2
ClearVoice is one of the high quality article writing services that gives access to everything from finding the right writers to managing content creation.
So, if you’re looking for an end-to-end article writing platform that manages ALL your content needs, from idea to ready-to-publish content, try ClearVoice.
Here are some of the article writing services you’ll get from ClearVoice;
- High-quality articles
- Create eBooks and white papers
- Email newsletters
- Landing Infographics
- Product Descriptions
- Ad Copy
- Video Scripts
- Social Media Copy
- Case Studies
- Unlike traditional content creation agencies, ClearVoice offers end-to-end content writing services so that you can save a lot of time
- You can get high-quality content created by experts
- You’ll get access to a dedicated ClearVoice support team
- You can order an unlimited number of words as they provide unlimited scalability
- Offers flexible pricing, as ClearVoice offers a variety of pricing plans to fit the needs according to your budget
- ClearVoice’s content writing services can be expensive (compared to other platforms listed here) because of the entire content creation process, from ideation to final delivery. You’ve to spend more, especially if you need a lot of content.
Pricing: Their pricing is NOT mentioned anywhere on the website. You need to contact their customer support team to discuss the pricing.
Also, remember that the pricing is tailored to the client’s needs so that you can consult their support team for a budget estimate.
Skyword is a content marketing platform for businesses that need help creating high-quality content.
Skyword has also received a number of awards, including The Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice award. If you’re looking for professional blog writing services, Skyword is an excellent platform.
Pros of Skyword:
- Skyword has a HUGE network of over 100,000 content writers, so you can hire many talented freelance writers for ALL your content needs.
- Skyword gives you access to highly qualified writers, so you can expect well-written and informative content.
- Create content at scale
- You can outsource many content formats, including blog posts, articles, white papers, essays, checklists, and social media posts.
- It also offers 24/7 customer support to answer your questions
Cons of Skyword:
- Pricing may be a little higher than the competition
Pricing: Unfortunately, Skyword does not disclose their pricing or fees upfront. You can request a demo by visiting their website.
3 Tips for Using Article Writing Services Like A Pro
You must learn a few things if you’re new to outsourcing your content (or articles).
Otherwise, you’ll waste your time and money hiring mediocre freelancers on sites like Upwork.
Here are a few solid tips to get more out of article writing platforms.
1. Plan your project in advance
If you want to use ANY platform, including Upwork, as a client, plan your project in advance. Here are a few questions that can help you plan accordingly.
What kind of writing work do you need? It could include anything from creating copy for a landing page to writing a blog post. Be as specific as possible when describing your writing needs.
What are your goals? Are you looking to increase your website traffic, generate more leads, or improve sales for a product?
How much are you willing to spend? This will help you outline how much you will pay the freelancer and when.
2. Create a clear work description
You need to write a detailed gig description to get more out of sites like Upwork as a client.
Why? Your work description helps freelancers understand what you need and submit gigs that are a good fit.
Make sure to include all the necessary information, such as;
- Your content requirements and the project scope
- Deadlines for the project
- Budget and more
Also, be specific about your desired experience level. Do you need a writer with 3+ years of experience? Mention all those details. This will save you a lot of time as you don’t have to review proposals from freelancers who’re not qualified for the job.
3. Set up your project
Make sure to filter freelancers carefully.
Read their profiles, reviews, and portfolios no matter what content marketing platform you choose. Ask questions to make sure they are a good fit for your project.
Once you find someone, communicate clearly and talk about the budget. Try to provide feedback to get the best output.
Once the project is done, review the work, make payments, and leave feedback.
Above all, be patient. Finding the RIGHT freelancer for your writing projects takes time. Don’t be afraid to leave a freelancer if he’s unsuitable for your needs.
Also, platforms like Upwork, People Per Hour, etc. offer plenty of tools and resources to help you find the best freelancers and track payments. So, make sure to learn more about a platform before using it.
FAQs | Article & Blog Writing Services
Here are some questions most people ask about article writing companies.
What are article writing services?
Article writing services are paid services offered by freelancers where you can outsource all kinds of content such as blog posts, case studies, product reviews, eBooks, etc.
What are the best article writing platforms?
Some of the best content writing platforms are;
– People Per Hour
How much does Upwork charge for clients?
Upwork usually charges a 5% fee for all the payments you make for freelancers.
Is there any free platform for buyers to post article writing jobs?
Yes, People Per Hour lets you post your jobs as a buyer free of cost.
How to get cheap article writers?
Many platforms give you access to cheap article writers, including;
– People Per Hour
Final thoughts on article writing companies
Before trying any platform, it is important to consider your budget, the type of content you need, and the turnaround time.
Once you have clarity, you can easily find suitable freelancers for your projects. Once the work is provided, check for quality and originality.
So what are your thoughts on the article writing companies listed here? Have any questions? Let us know in the comments.