Celebrate 3 Million Pets with Wisdom Panel™
It’s time to get your party hats on! Our friends at Wisdom Panel™, the world leader in pet genetics and maker of Wisdom Panel™ pet DNA tests, have reached an incredible milestone and they want to celebrate with you. They’ve hit a big number, with 3 million pets tested worldwide across their range of products—more than any other pet DNA service provider. What better way to revel in this accomplishment than to pay it forward?
As a thank you for all the great work you do to save animals, Wisdom Panel™ is generously providing $10,000 in cash grants to the Adopt-a-Pet.com shelter and rescue network. The 3 Million and More grant program will focus on helping shelters and rescues better care for homeless pets by providing funds to go towards medical needs. Adopt-a-Pet.com and Wisdom Panel™ will award two cash grants of $5,000 each to the organizations with the most compelling applications. All you have to do is follow the instructions below to be considered!
Let’s give a big chip chip hurray and a thank you to Wisdom Panel™ for their generosity.
Please read the rules carefully:
- Do not email attached files like Word, PDF, PowerPoint files – they will not be opened. Photo attachments – such as JPG, GIF, or PNG photos – are allowed.
- Only one application email per active Adopt-a-Pet.com shelter/rescue organization will be accepted in 2022.
- The application deadline for this grant program is April 22, 2022.
- This grant program is open to shelters and rescues in the U.S. and Canada only.
- You will receive an auto-reply email receipt which confirms we received your application.
- Please do not contact us asking for the status of your application.
- Only grant recipients will be contacted. We will reach out to you if you’re a recipient!
- Grant recipients are selected from qualifying finalists at the sole discretion of Adopt-a-Pet.com.
- By applying for this grant, you agree to the submissions license below and agree to provide Adopt-a-Pet.com with follow-up photos and descriptions of how the grant helped the pet or pets in your care.
- You must have an approved & active Adopt-a-Pet.com shelter or rescue account to qualify for a grant. An approved account is one that was approved after signing up – you received your approval email, and pets you list on Adopt-a-Pet.com are visible to the public. An active account has, within the last 30 days, either: a) logged in and viewed your Pet List or added a new pet, or b) added a new pet via uploading software. Not sure? You can log in and view your Pet List here which will mark your account as active.
- Don’t have an account yet? No problem! You can sign up for an Adopt-a-Pet.com shelter or rescue account here. You can apply after you get your approval email and have listed a pet for adoption.
How to Apply for a Grant:
An authorized representative of your shelter or rescue should send one email to [email protected] with these 13 items:
1. Shelter or rescue name:
2. Shipping address for a daytime weekday UPS delivery:
Address (no PO Boxes):
3. Social Media account info: Please provide the handle/url and number of followers you have for each account (write N/A if you do not have an account)
- a) Facebook
- b) Instagram
- c) Twitter
4. Your contact information
Your first and last name:
Your title or affiliation with the shelter/rescue:
Telephone number where we can reach you if you’re selected for a grant:
Best email for us to reach you if you’re selected for a grant:
5. 2021 total feline intake:
6. 2021 total feline adoptions:
7. 2021 total canine adoptions:
8. 2021 total canine intake:
9. Attach at least two photos of the pets who will benefit, and/or photos and stories of pets with your organization in the past who were adopted thanks to lifesaving treatment/medical care they were able to receive.
We love before and after photos, and high quality (over 150kb preferred) photo files too! Check out some photo tips & tricks here.
10. Optional but encouraged: Link to a video online that shows pets at your organization, highlighting your before and after transformations if possible.
11. Tell us about a pet(s) in your care that would benefit from this grant.
12. Tell us how you would use the funds if you are awarded a 3 Million and More grant.
13. How would a 3 Million and More grant impact your organization?
We hope our grant application process is easy and clear! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask us at [email protected].
Submissions License: Each Participant or Charity may have the opportunity to submit videos, photos, text, or other content (“Submissions”) to the Adopt-a-Pet.com and Wisdom Panel 3 Million and More Grants (“Program”). Each Submission will remain the property of the respective Participant or Charity who will have sole responsibility and liability for any claims related to those Submissions. However, each Participant and Charity grant Adopt-a-Pet.com and its affiliated companies a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, unconditional, fully paid right and license: (a) to make, have made, use, copy, reproduce, modify, and create derivative works of any Submissions provided by Participant or Charity through the Program, (b) to publicly perform or display, import, broadcast, transmit, distribute (directly and indirectly through multiple tiers), license, offer to sell and sell, rent, lease, or lend copies of the Submissions (and derivative works thereof), and (c) to sublicense to third parties the foregoing rights, including the right to sublicense to further third parties. Additionally, each Participant and Charity consent to the use of his/her/its name, statements, photographs, videos, voice recordings and likenesses for publicity purposes, as well as any other purpose associated with the Program. Each Participant and Charity agrees such grant and consent is without restrictions or additional compensation or permission of any kind.