Do you want to learn how to find online typing jobs? There are many online typing jobs that may suit you well, and today’s article will help show you where to look. How to find online typing jobs What are online typing jobs? An online typing job is a job where you simply need an…
Do you want to learn how to find online typing jobs?
There are many online typing jobs that may suit you well, and today’s article will help show you where to look.
How to find online typing jobs
What are online typing jobs?
An online typing job is a job where you simply need an internet connection in order to work. You may be working for yourself as a small business owner or freelancer, or working for a company as an employee.
You can find online typing jobs in many different places, such as job boards, through recruiters, by networking, and more. Some job websites that you may be interested in include Upwork, FlexJobs, Indeed, Monster, and more.
How much money can you make with an online typing job?
The amount of money that you can make with an online typing job varies.
This is because there are so many different types of jobs where you are typing online!
From starting your own blog to becoming a proofreader, live chat agent, transcriptionist and more, there are many, many different types of online typing jobs. And, they all pay a different amount of money. You can see below what some of them have for starting pay.
What are the pros and cons of an online typing job?
Pros of online typing jobs include:
- If you are a fast typer, then this may be an easy gig for you
- You can work from home
- You may be able to have a flexible work schedule
- You probably already have a laptop or computer, so you probably don’t need much in terms of equipment to get started
Cons of online typing jobs include:
- Some online typing jobs may be a little repetitive. While this isn’t always a con, it could be for some
- There are some scams out there, so you will need to do your research and make sure it’s a legitimate online typing job that you are looking at
What skills does an online typing job need?
The skills that you need will vary depending on the online typing job that you are interested in. But, some important ones for most will include accuracy in typing and a fast typing speed.
14 Best Online Typing Jobs
Below are the 14 best online typing jobs for beginners.
My favorite online typing job is to start your own blog.
I spend most of my working time typing, and I really enjoy it!
Blogging allows me to travel whenever I would like, work from home, have a flexible schedule, earn an income, and more.
I created Making Sense of Cents in 2011, and since then I have earned over $5,000,000 with my blog.
My blog was created on a random day as a way to track my own personal finance progress. And when I first started my own blog, I honestly didn’t even know that people could make money blogging or how to start a successful blog!
I did not create Making Sense of Cents to earn money from home, but after only six months, I began to make money.
Blogging is quite affordable to start too, and you really just need a computer and an internet connection. I spend most of my time typing new blog posts, talking to readers and companies through email, and more.
Proofreading is a flexible and detail-oriented job that only requires a laptop or tablet, an internet connection, and a good eye for finding mistakes.
Oh yeah, and accurate typing skills!
Proofreaders look for punctuation mistakes, misspelled words, lack of consistency, and formatting errors.
You might be proofreading books, articles, blog posts, student essays, lessons, scripts, emails, advertising content, medical documents, and more – anything that can be delivered electronically and be proofread on a computer or tablet.
You can learn more at How To Start A Proofreading Business And Make $4,000+ Monthly.
Sell printables on Etsy
Selling printables is an online job where you may be typing, creating graphics, and more.
Making printables on Etsy can be a great way to earn an income because you just need to create one digital file per product, which you can then sell an unlimited number of times.
So, what exactly is a printable?
Printables are digital products that customers can download and print at home. Some ideas for printables include grocery shopping checklists, gift tags, printable quotes for wall art, and more.
You can sign up for this free ebook that helps you figure out where to start when it comes to selling printables on Etsy.
You can also learn more at How I Make Money Selling Printables On Etsy.
A bookkeeper is someone who tracks the finances of a business. As an online bookkeeper, you would be typing from home.
And, yes, you can start this even if you are brand new.
Online bookkeepers are in high demand. If you’ve been wanting to work from home and want to earn $40,000+ each year, bookkeeping could be perfect for you.
As a bookkeeper, you are responsible for helping businesses take care of their finances, such as by tracking receipts and spending.
A bookkeeper is someone who helps manage and track the financial side of a business. They will typically keep track of sales and expenses, and produce financial reports.
Those with virtual bookkeeping jobs work remotely from home, and they do not physically need to go into the office. Bookkeeping is an excellent option for remote work because all of a bookkeeper’s work can be done online or with computer software.
I recommend checking out the free How To Become An Online Bookkeeper Workshop to see if becoming a bookkeeper interests you.
Freelance writing is a very popular career path, and I think it will only continue to grow!
And, you would be typing all the time. If you like to type, then this may be a great fit for you.
A freelance writer is someone who writes for a number of different clients, such as websites, blogs, magazines, news publications, and more. They don’t work for one specific company, rather they work for themselves and contract out their writing.
If you have a fast typing speed, then you can also write more blog posts and earn a higher income.
Learn more at How I Earn $200,000+ Writing Online Content.
As a virtual assistant, you would be typing from home and doing a variety of tasks.
The internet allows us to complete more daily tasks online, and more and more people also have stay-at-home jobs and businesses, such as running a website, social media, real estate, advertising, etc. That’s why virtual assistant jobs are in high demand.
Virtual assistant tasks may include:
- Managing social media
- Formatting and proofreading content
- Scheduling travel and appointments
- Managing email
- Maintaining spreadsheets
- Handling phone calls
And so much more. As a virtual assistant, you can get paid to do any task that needs to be done in someone’s business but doesn’t need to be done by them.
You can learn more at How This Virtual Assistant Earns $10,000 Month From Home as a Virtual Assistant.
Paid online surveys aren’t a full-time job, but if you’re looking for something that just takes up a little bit of your time each month, then this may be one to look into.
As a survey taker, you would mainly be completing surveys online from your laptop. You would be answering questions and simply just giving your feedback. Usually, you are paid via money sent to your PayPal account, gift cards, and free items.
Companies need people to take surveys so that they can see what the public thinks about their product and company, so that they know what to improve.
People typically sign up for as many survey companies as they can, as you usually won’t receive more than just a few surveys from a company each month.
Below are the companies I recommend signing up for:
- American Consumer Opinion
- Survey Junkie
- Branded Surveys
- Pinecone Research
- User Interviews
As a book reviewer, you can get paid to type from home, as you would be typing reviews for books that you have read!
There are websites that will pay you to review books, or you could even start your own book review blog. Each site varies, but you are typically paid cash via PayPal or bank transfer, or you may receive a free book in exchange for your review.
Here are some of the best websites for online typing jobs that will pay for you to review books:
- Online Book Club – With this website, you are only paid with a free book for the first review. After the first review, you will be eligible to be paid for the book review opportunities, plus the books will always be free. With this website, you can get paid around $5 to $60 for each book that you review.
- Kirkus – This platform is looking for book reviewers of English and Spanish language books. They need reviews that are about 350 words long, and they are due two weeks after you are assigned to read a book.
- Upwork – With Upwork, you would need to create your own profile and make a listing as a book reviewer. This way, clients and authors can find you and hire you directly to read their book and review it. Plus, on Upwork, you can set your own pricing and decide which clients you want to work with.
- The US Review of Books – This website uses freelance writers to review books and write reviews that are around 250 to 300 words long.
- Reedsy – Here, you can review hundreds of different books before they are published and earn money at the same time. Authors submit their books to Reedsy, specifically to be reviewed by book reviewers. You then get paid by readers (those who buy a book) as a tip for the review. These tips can be $1, $3, or $5.
- Booklist – This website pays for reviews that are around 150 to 175 words long that describe the plot, suggest an ideal audience, etc. Booklist pays $15 for each published book review.
Related content: 7 Best Ways To Get Paid To Read Books
Are you fluent in another language? If so, then you may be able to find an online typing work-from-home job where you translate content, books, articles, and more.
There are lots of places you can find translation jobs, including:
- Upwork – On Upwork, you simply create a free profile and apply for translation jobs.
- Babelcube – This is a website that sends freelance translation projects to you. You select which books you translate, translate them to one of more than 15 different languages, and partner with published authors.
- Guru – Guru is a website that lists freelance writing and translation jobs.
- Indeed – Indeed lists translation jobs that they find from job boards, staffing firms, company websites, and more.
- FlexJobs – It will cost you to join FlexJobs, but they do list translation jobs, which can be worthwhile.
- Today Translations – This is a website that is looking for translators to freelance for them.
- Fiverr – Fiverr is an online marketplace where you can find freelance jobs all over the world. You can list your translation services and pricing here.
- Ulatus – Ulatus is a website that provides translation services and they hire translators.
As you can see, there are lots of options if you want to put your translation skills to work.
Transcription work is when you turn audio or video content into a text document.
There are many businesses looking to fill positions for online transcription jobs since general transcriptionists convert audio files and video to text for virtually any industry. Some examples include marketers, authors, filmmakers, speakers, conferences, legal transcription, and more.
Online transcriptionist jobs can start around $15 an hour to begin with.
You can learn more about becoming a transcriptionist in the interview Make Money At Home By Becoming A Transcriptionist. The interview explains:
- What a transcriptionist does
- How much you can earn transcribing content
- The type of training you need
- How to find transcription jobs
Another online typing job similar to this is captioning, and I know we have all seen captions before. Captioning is when you transcribe a video and synchronize it with the video.
Live chat agent
Many large companies outsource their customer service departments to people who are working at home and they usually pay via an hourly wage.
This means you may be able to find a job as an online chat agent.
Customer service representatives may be responsible for a number of things, like:
- Working as an online chat agent
- Offering technical support
- Providing customer support
A typing job as a customer service representative may be that you respond to help/support requests online, such as through an online live chat, or email support.
I am an affiliate marketer through this blog, Making Sense of Cents, and I spend most of my working hours typing.
I think this can be a great way to earn income if you are interested in finding an online typing career path.
Affiliate marketing is when you earn an income by placing a referral link on your website, blog, Instagram, and so on and have people purchase a product or service through your referral link.
An example would be selling a book and you link to a specific book on your blog and try to get people to purchase the book through your affiliate link.
If you get someone to sign up through your affiliate link, the company (such as Amazon) pays you for sharing the product that they sell through the affiliate link.
If you want to learn more about affiliate marketing, I recommend signing up for Affiliate Marketing Tips For Bloggers – Free eBook.
As a scopist, you would be typing from home.
Scoping is when you are editing legal documents for court reporters. This is different from proofreading for court reporters.
Scopists who are working with a court reporter tend to earn around $30,000 to $45,000 each year working around full-time hours.
I interviewed an expert on the topic – Linda from Internet Scoping School. She has been scoping for over 35 years and has taught scoping online for around 20 years.
She has a free course that will introduce you to scoping so that you can decide if it’s one of the online business ideas you want to pursue. You can find the free course by clicking here.
You can learn more at How To Become A Scopist.
A search engine evaluator (also known as a Google rater) is a person who rates websites based on their quality and usefulness.
You are rating websites to help Google improve its search engine results.
This can be a great online typing job for beginners because you don’t need experience in this area to start, nor do you have to know what you are doing. This is because Google wants average people rating their sites.
Another great thing – since Google operates in nearly every country around the world, you can work on sites that are in your native language.
Learn more at How To Become a Search Engine Evaluator.
Are online typing jobs legitimate?
Yes, online typing jobs are real and legitimate.
I work online and I know many, many other people who also work online and spend most of their day typing.
Many companies hire online workers, and there are many different kinds of online typing businesses that you can start as well.
There are so many online typing jobs, especially in today’s day and age. I recommend seeing which ones you are most interested in and learning more about them.
Online Typing Jobs – Summary
As you can see, there are many different online typing jobs that may interest you.
Depending on your typing speed, accuracy, skills, whether you are looking for full-time or part-time jobs, if you need entry-level work, and more, there are many different online typing jobs that may interest you.
These may include typist jobs such as:
- Sell printables on Etsy
- Freelance writer
- Virtual assistant
- Survey taker
- Book reviewer
- Live chat agent
- Affiliate marketer
- Google rater
What do you think are the best online typing jobs?